Commerical Tenant Filing Chapter 7, A Question About My Rights As A Landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithy

I have a commercial property in Everett, Washington that was rented out by a restaurant which recently filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. The tenant had an SBA loan and all the equipment now belongs to the bank. The bank is not returning my phonecalls. I would like to know how long I have to keep all of their equipment inside my property. Thank you in advance so much!

Smithy said:
I have a commercial property in Everett, Washington that was rented out by a restaurant which recently filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. The tenant had an SBA loan and all the equipment now belongs to the bank. The bank is not returning my phonecalls. I would like to know how long I have to keep all of their equipment inside my property. Thank you in advance so much!

Send the bank a certified letter instructing them to remove their property with 30 days. If they don't contact you to remove the property you will treat it as abandoned in accordance with the abandoned property laws of Washington. Google the abandoned commercial property laws for Washington to see what the law mandates. Then follow through. You might also contact your attorney for further explanation and guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back