Commercial Real Estate deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorili

I live in Florida & had a lease for a commercial building which was to end on March 31. I gave notice in January I was moving & not renewing lease. I paid my February rent in full & moved out everything on February 15th except for a few small items & completely cleaned building. My Landlord changed the locks before the end of Feburary & Rented the building March 1st. He has not returned my phone calls & I have not received my $1,700.00 deposit back. By Florida law does'nt the Landlord have to give me a written explaination as to why he is keeping my deposit. Or Does the Tennant have to go to court to find this out?

I live in Florida & had a lease for a commercial building which was to end on March 31. The lease was made out in the name of my LLC & also in my personal name. But I only signed the lease as a member of the LLC. I gave my proper notice in January I was moving & not renewing my lease. I paid my February rent in full & moved out everything on February 15th except for a few small items & completely cleaned building. My Landlord changed the locks before the end of Feburary & Rented the building March 1st. He has not returned my phone calls & I have not received my $1,700.00 deposit back. By Florida law does'nt the Landlord have to give me a written explaination as to why he is keeping my deposit. Or Does the Tennant have to go to court to find this out? I filed in small claims court & he counter sued me & my corporation for his attorney fees to go to court to fight me. Can he sue me personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back