Commercial property lease dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_A_Dad

I rent a 2500sf section of a 5000sf building for a body shop. The landlord is in the other half as an auto shop. I have been there for 11 years problem free. The first two years there was a lease but for the last few he negleted to produce a lease...seems he would rather opt out. He wanted me to believe that he was a man of his word and all would be the same as if i had one...Question 1: Is it his reponsibility by law to produce a commercial lease for me? 2: Is it legal for him to rent to me without a lease now? does he not have to give me one even after i once had one for 2 years? can he just stop a lease with me and continue to rent to me? Because i originally had a lease and can't get one now does the original one stand tall? Here's why i ask. I can't get one from him especially now even when i ask. He currently has the property under contract for a sale. According to him, he is gonna purchase another building that will include me but i here from a source of fact that he does not intend to buy again but instead is gonna retire early and is chancing what i will do since i am very soft. This to me doesn't seem fair. I can't sell my buisness or phone numbers cause after the sale,... the building is gonna get torn down for a big name drug store. There has to be laws that will have to include me somehow. I ask him for a current lease recently after years so they would buy me out for a measy sum to move and he just blew up at me and told me to mind my own and don't blow his deal...??? Guess i'm a 50 year old now with no more buisness ...What the heck can i do? the money he is getting is substancial...thanks

Can someone help me with this..please, my time is running very short. The closing date is set for the sale in December but there is still an unsigned contract by one of the partys involved since there are a few propertys involved....I may still have time to act upon if i can get educated. I can't find a Lawyer in my town that is involved in this type of argument..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back