Commercial Landlord withheld information

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxpert

I signed a lease with a commercial property management company to occupy a space within a mall. The space was located near the main entrance of the mall and had good foot traffic so I jumped at the opportunity and signed the lease after negotiating the terms. However just 3 weeks after taking control of the space, construction began in the front parking lot of the mall taking up 50% of the parking lot. As a result the foot traffic has dramatically dwindled down dramaticaly as shoppers began using other entrances to avoid the parking mess at the the entrance that my store is located at. To make the matter even worse, this problem will not go away because what they are bulding is a stand alone building for a restraurant so those lost parking spots will never come back. Had they told me of their plans to build this stand alone building I would have never signed this lease and would have never been interested in the location and being that the contruction began just 3 weeks later I am certain that they had clear knowledge of the construction plans. Do I have a case for a lawsuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back