commercial landlord keeps asking to "split the damages"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomnewyork

My landlord has a pattern of sending me bills for repairs that i had nothing to do with, and then offereing to split with me. I initially thought he was well intentioned, and to make nice, i did split them.

Now he sent me a bill for 2000.00 for something that i had no part in. He keeps threating to sue me, take my security deposit,.....

I dont want to have to keep this over my head, so 3 years from now his recollections change, and he "remembers" me doing things i did not.

How do i handle this. Can he take my security deposit?

Can I sue him, and settle this issue, so he realizes he cannot keep up this pattern.

for instance, when there was a problem with the phone, he claimed my phone IT person, must have unpluged his router, and it costs him 50$ to fix it, so lets split it.

My client, spilled something on the carpet, 39$, lets split it

My IT person,moved his router and he needed to pay 86$ to fix it, lets split it.

Now he wants 2000$ for a phone repair, he claims my phone company did the "damage"

let me explain more. my phone company came in and upgraded my router. He had his compnay come in , do 2000 of work, on his router, then he said, that work was because verizon damaged his router. i know that was not true, becasue i spoke to his TI person
his IT persons said his system was broken already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back