Commerce Clause

if someone was to receive government aid or maybe out of state food delivery services that crosses state lines does that count as interstate commerce?

Well...commerce that crosses state lines (which is what commercial "food delivery that crosses state lines" is) is nothing more than another way of saying "interstate commerce."

As far as receiving "government aid," that depends on what the aid is and what government it's received from.

Keep in mind that the Commerce Clause is only really an issue when Congress seeks to legislate about something that doesn't appear to be within its powers under Article I of the federal Constitution. If you're talking about federal benefits, those (and any legislation or regulation concerning them) would almost certainly be covered under some other one or more of Congress's powers, and the Commerce Clause would not be an issue. By contrast, benefits given by a state or local government would not typically be something about which the federal government would legislate.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day and sharing some valuable knowledge with me.

I will try my best to avoid getting hit with any frozen fish purchased with food stamps from another state :D:D

Back