Collection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibdam2003

I am the mom of a 24 year old. I am continually called from ASG about a collection on an account with Guitar Center that I cannot pay at this time. I have not worked steadily in the last 4 years. I am diagnosed as bipolar and living at home with parents.

My mom has tried to contact this company to pay $25.00 monthly on account, but they will not even talk to her. But yet, they continue to call the house. I acquired this credit with no credit check or anything and was probably bipolar at the time. What can I do at this point. I am sick of them calling every day about 3 times each day.

Help

State to them and send a written confirmation that received their message and they should not call you again and, by law, they cannot continue to harrass you. This is the law under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. However, do not be surprised if you ended up getting served to be sued in court for this debt. While I am sympathetic, it is a valid debt.

ibdam2003 said:
I am the mom of a 24 year old. I am continually called from ASG about a collection on an account with Guitar Center that I cannot pay at this time. I have not worked steadily in the last 4 years. I am diagnosed as bipolar and living at home with parents.

My mom has tried to contact this company to pay $25.00 monthly on account, but they will not even talk to her. But yet, they continue to call the house. I acquired this credit with no credit check or anything and was probably bipolar at the time. What can I do at this point. I am sick of them calling every day about 3 times each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back