Co-Buy of truck left town with truck, not making payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrilldhill

About a year and a half ago I though I was co-signing for a truck for a "friend." It turns out I am actually listed as the primary borrower and he the co-signor. We are both listed on the title. We are both from NH and the vehicle was purchased in NH. He has had possession of the truck since it was bought and he has made all the payments, however he has been late on nearly all of them. I told him nearly six months ago that he needs to either refinance it with out me on the loan or trade it in and buy something else with out my name on it. He has been saying the he is "working on it" ever since. I heard a rumor a month or so ago that he was planing on moving to the west coast (I live on the east coast). I asked him and he told me that he wasn't. I told him that he did not have my permission to leave the area with the truck while my name is still on the title. I have since learned that he has moved to the west coast, he had been two payments behind and he made one of them just before he moved. Now he is closing in on 30 days late with the most current payment and he will not return any of my messages. I don't know where he is or where the truck is and he won't respond to my questions and as of today he has not made the payment. What can I do? Can I have him removed from the title? I can't afford to make the payments on the truck myself. I have tried talking to the bank but they don't seem to care, they just want to get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back