Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Clueless in the lower 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthaven1241

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I had a felony warrant and charges for 21 years and did not know it. Since finding out about these circumstances I have turned myself in, been released, and I am awaiting my court date to hopefully have the charges dismissed. During these 21 years I have been in a state other than where the charges exist. For years I wondered why employers, landlords, and property management teams were extremely rude, threatening, and also defensive in demeanor towards me. I have had my privacy invaded and been monitored on a daily basis, I have been harassed for years at the place I use to live. I have fully come to understand that these occurrences happened due to public records access. I am also certain that the landlord had this information and allowed it to be spread throughout the community, but no one ever said anything to me, so I just assumed there was alot of hateful people at work and home. There is no doubt in my mind that companies will hire you with a questionable record but treat you like a slave without the opportunity for advancement, I even went as applying to the TSA, after taking and passing their battery of tests, I couldn't figure out why I was rejected.My question are 1: If you have a warrant are your basic human rights nullified
2: Is there any recourse for the trauma and harassment that ensued during those times.
3. Is it legal for a landlord or his/her representatives to communicate with people/entities in the community in a negative way as it relates to the warrant and charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back