Clean Pass Regulation Hybrid Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunigirl

I'm not sure if I am in the correct forum but here goes. On 10/6/07 my husband and I went out to purchase a Nissan Altima Hybrid at a local Nissan Dealership. Upon meeting with the salesman our first words and concerns for this purchase was to acquire a Clean Pass sticker for my husband so he would be able to drive in the HOV lane with just 1 person. For 3 hours my husband and I kept saying how great it would be to get this pass since he travels approximately 110 miles round trip daily to work. We had even asked this salesman and his finacial rep how do we go about getting this sticker. Both stated that it would come from the Motor Vehicles Dept. Since they did not know if my husband would be able to access the HOV lane without this pass I then on Tuesday went ahead to call the Motor Vehicles department. Let me tell you this before I go on. The trick to getting this Hybrid at this wonderful price (which after much research the price was horrible) we had to a) take possesion that day, b) be approved for credit (even though they knew we were paying cash), and c) the car had to be in stock (surprise, surprise we did). The car was registered in my husbands name, my insurance company was called and the car was road ready. Gave the dealer $1000 deposit with my debit card and would come back on Tuesday with the Bank Check. On Tuesday I went ahead to call to see if my husband would be able to access the HOV while waiting for this pass. That is when I found out that the Nissan Altima Hybrid was not a part of the Clean Pass Program, never once did any of those gentlemen tell me or my husband this. They lead us to believe that because this car was a hybrid we were eligible. I then called the dealer and told them what I had just learned, for two days I went back and forth finally on Wednesday I met with the Financial Rep and the original salesman the idea was for the Financial Rep to play mediator for the General Manager he then reported back to the GM on Thursday the Financial Rep called me and told me he reported back to the GM and felt that we had not been told the truth regarding this car. They would only take this car back if I would then pay an additional $950 on top of the $1000 we left for the deposit. The reason for this was they didn't know if the car had been titled they then said if I didn't pay that amount and the car came back titled in my name it then would be considered a used car, and then the amount we would be responsible for would be over $4000 this number was I was told was for the 267 miles my husbank put on the car the 2 days he drove it to work and for depreciation. My argument to that was if this salesman was honest to us there would have been no miles put on the car. We felt we had no option at this point but to pay this money or we would have to pay the $4000. As it was my husband left work on Tuesday at 1:30 pm and then on Thursday I had wasted 4 hours in this showroom. What we would like to know is being we were told that this car was a part of this program and the only reason that we were going to buy this car was for that reason is there any way to get this money back. Also, this particular dealership was cited back in 2004 for over $40,000 for "Unscrupulous Dealings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back