classroom /distribution of trademarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pam_sechrest

Thank you for taking time to answer my question concerning trademark, images/copyright , licensed logos. I am a kindergarten teacher and I have been using "environmental print" in my classroom for quite some time to help children learn to read. I have collected hundreds of images from Google image in the way of restaurants, food items, movies, cartoon characters, movie characters, snacks, drinks, storybook titles, toys, games and many other types of "picture print" that is familiar to emergent readers. I have done extensive research about the use of these images for my own classroom use. I find that they are perfectly legal. I am confused about the next step I am ready for. We have put these icons into cd's to present to other teachers in curriculum development (how they too might use it) Still okay to use however,…this is where it gets muddled and I have received both yes and no answers to the following question. If we were to have these CD images available to sell to these educators, so they too could use them to teach reading, is this legal or would I have to contact each entity for permission to do so? Again, I appreciate your feedback and time. Sincerely, Pam Sechrest

If you're turning your classroom tool into a commercial product, I would suggest that you make sure that the images you use are either duly licensed or in the public domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back