class action representation

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Civil rights violations. I am not really interested in filing it as an individual case (no physical damage, etc.), but, since some issues of public safety are involved, the case may have a great potential as a class action. I contacted a number of law firms / class action attorneys, but couldn't find anybody willing to work on contingency fee or pro bono basis. And I do not have resources to hire one. Will the federal court in MA allow me to file a class action complaint for injunctive and declaratory relief (and, probably, for punitive damages) PRO SE, if at the same time I file a motion that, since the issues of public safety are at stake, the court itself appoints an attorney to represent the class?

An issue which MAY affect potential plaintiffs means that the issue is not yet ripe for adjudication or simply "they aren't and cannot be plaintiffs to join as a class." For you to sue, you need to claim that you are affected. Let's assume that you are. If you want to proceed Pro Se, then you have your options. But federal court is usually not a place for trivial matters. If you have a claim, you can have your day in court. I'd worry about this step before even beginning to worry about class certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back