Class action lawsuit may affect you

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
A class action lawsuit has been filed.

In a nutshell, the lawsuit claims the federal government has been overcharging PRIVATE users of PACER.

The plaintiffs allege the US Government was charging users of PACER far beyond what was necessary to review legal information.

Read more here:
PACER Fees Class Action

I predict that this will go on for 4 or 5 years, then there will be a settlement with the government admitting no wrong but agreeing to pay back, say, 3 cents a page, which could amount to millions that the lawyers will get a third of plus expenses. The rest will be divided up among those who just happened to keep a record of all their transactions and can fill out a ten page document to file the claim.

I predict that this will go on for 4 or 5 years, then there will be a settlement with the government admitting no wrong but agreeing to pay back, say, 3 cents a page, which could amount to millions that the lawyers will get a third of plus expenses. The rest will be divided up among those who just happened to keep a record of all their transactions and can fill out a ten page document to file the claim.

True.
I've tracked many class action lawsuits.
My records indicate the average victim gets between $15 to $25.
I wonder where the rest goes? Hmmmmmm......

Back