Claim Administrator is denying claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgustafson

What recourse do I have if I believe a claim administrator is wrongly denying a claim to a civil class action suit settlement? The settlement class states is defined as follows:

All persons who purchased or otherwise acquired publicly traded stock, 7.125% Notes due 2011, 7.875% Notes due 2021 or FELINE PACS of the Williams Companies, Inc. between July 24, 2000 and July 22, 2002, inclusive, and were damaged thereby.

I have provided my claim form as requested as well as proof of the purchases in the form of statements and confirmations from my broker. The Claim administrator sent a letter vaguely stating that I am denied my claim due to "inadequate documentation" and/or "ineligeble transactions" that reduce my claim to 0. There is NO statements of transactions that could reduce the claim, only that if you purchased the stock on certain days you would be elegible for damages calculated on those days. Also, I have submitted all the required documentation according to their requests.

Any advice on where I could go to dispute this claim administrator would be appreciated.

How about writing a certified letter stating the documents you sent and a specific, detailed answer as to what documentation is "inadequate" and what transactions are "ineligible?" Ask them to correct the apparent oversight and see what you get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back