Civil Rights Violated As A Mother.

Lanabugs

Jurisdiction
Colorado
i am not sure if I am starting off in the right area. Last March I stood up to my ex husbands abuse and for my rights as our daughters Mother. He got mad at that and went in to court and told the courts I was mentally unstable, and a imminent danger to our daughters physically and mentally. He went in with no exhibits, evidence or proof of any kind, in fact I have a therapist that says there is nothing wrong with me I'm just finally standing up to him. Because of these false accusations and lies I lost custody of my girls, became homeless and my benefits to live. He has allowed our girls to read all things between him and I and court papers, he has told the girls awful things about me and told them to not speak to me. I was bullied in to signing papers I didn't want to and promised things he did not follow through with as soon as I signed the papers. So much more has happened and I desperately need help to make things right, he has alienated my daughters, has had them lie to state officials and allowed them to say awful things to me. Since my daughters have been with their dad my oldest has attempted suicide 4 times, jumped out of the second story to get away from her dad and told the sheriffs he is abusive and if she has to stay she will kill herself, so she was hospitalized for it. My youngest has cut herself, done drugs and sexting. He is allowing them to do things that puts them in danger, and I've got evidence for many of these things. This man gets away with everything and he needs to be held accountable and I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:
For starters, please edit your post to remove the phone number. All you're likely to get are prank calls.

Beyond that, you didn't ask a question, so I'm unsure what the purpose of your post is. Your story indicates that your kids need therapy and that child protective services should become involved. However, and for what it's worth, your post raises no civil rights issues.

Retort all your concerns to social services and they will investigate and make sure the kids are safe and cared for.
As for custody issues you will have to petition the court to modify whatever the current arrangement is.
This sound messy. Don't expect a quick solution. Help is available to you and to your kids if you are willing to seek it and accept it.

For starters, please edit your post to remove the phone number. All you're likely to get are prank calls.

Beyond that, you didn't ask a question, so I'm unsure what the purpose of your post is. Your story indicates that your kids need therapy and that child protective services should become involved. However, and for what it's worth, your post raises no civil rights issues.

I'm sorry I thought I put it in there. From what my therapist and my Victims Advocate have told me they have been violated but I want to make sure. I'm trying to figure out how my ex can walk in to a court and say oh she's mentally unstable and a danger and offer no proof what so ever. I've never been given a mental health evaluation for the courts and they presented no exhibits, but because of what he falsely said I lost custody of my girls. So I'm just trying to understand how this can happen??

Retort all your concerns to social services and they will investigate and make sure the kids are safe and cared for.
As for custody issues you will have to petition the court to modify whatever the current arrangement is.
This sound messy. Don't expect a quick solution. Help is available to you and to your kids if you are willing to seek it and accept it.

They lied out right to Social Services and the SW believed them even when I told her I had proof they lied to her. I don't know where to go to get help, everyone I talk to wants tons of money and I don't have it. He's very rich and doesn't care about what he has to spend to have control, but for my daughters sake this can't keep happening.

You really need to talk to a family law attorney. It is unclear what you signed, why you would have signed it if you did not agree with it, what provisions of what document he is violating, and what your current custody order allows for. It is not clear why you are homeless but if you do not have a stable home for the children, that can be a sound reason to grant physical custody to the other parent.

For the record, I removed the name and phone number for the OP's safety. She should have received a notification that it had been done - I sent one.

i am not sure if I am starting off in the right area. Last March I stood up to my ex husbands abuse and for my rights as our daughters Mother. He got mad at that and went in to court and told the courts I was mentally unstable, and a imminent danger to our daughters physically and mentally. He went in with no exhibits, evidence or proof of any kind, in fact I have a therapist that says there is nothing wrong with me I'm just finally standing up to him. Because of these false accusations and lies I lost custody of my girls, became homeless and my benefits to live. He has allowed our girls to read all things between him and I and court papers, he has told the girls awful things about me and told them to not speak to me. I was bullied in to signing papers I didn't want to and promised things he did not follow through with as soon as I signed the papers. So much more has happened and I desperately need help to make things right, he has alienated my daughters, has had them lie to state officials and allowed them to say awful things to me. Since my daughters have been with their dad my oldest has attempted suicide 4 times, jumped out of the second story to get away from her dad and told the sheriffs he is abusive and if she has to stay she will kill herself, so she was hospitalized for it. My youngest has cut herself, done drugs and sexting. He is allowing them to do things that puts them in danger, and I've got evidence for many of these things. This man gets away with everything and he needs to be held accountable and I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you,

I feel like you're leaving out some things.

How were you "bullied" into signing anything? I would never sign anything that dealt with my child's welfare or custody. No one can "make" you sign anything. What did he "promise" you that was so important to sign over whatever you signed? What did you sign?

What is it you're trying to figure out? HOw to get your kids back? You need a lawyer for that.

Thank you,
Wow. Your story is very similar to my story. I am going through this right now with my mother and my two beautiful babies. My children are five and eight years old though and my mother is not keeping comunnicommun between ya at all. God bless you.

Back