Civil case out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex1

Good day.
I have several questions that I need answers to and maybe some direction as where to go and what to do.

This case has been ongoing for almost nine years now and i am at the end of my rope.

For the sake of brevity i will keep this as short as possible so that it is not an alarming wall of text.

To start:

Woman shows up at my home beating on my door.. my wife answers door and woman tries to force her way into home.
I force woman back out door and wife locks it behind me. I tell woman who is screaming incoherently to leave my property, she refuses. i walk to my driveway to get lic. no. off of car. She jumps in car and backs up hitting me and knocking me down injuring my leg.

i call police, file report. Police forward to state, state prosecutes.

Woman has warrant for arrest and no action on warrant.. I receive paperwork talling me i am supposed to meet this woman at a public place and turn over all of my financial records. I call State attorney and am told to go to meeting and contact local law enforcement to make them aware. Which i do. she is arrested.

Woman pleads not guilty, many depositions later she is going to trial and pleads no contest. is sentenced to probation and fined.

Several months later woman has another person fabricate statement saying the person was a witness and was at my home at the time.

Fabricated statement is used to garner a hearing to have her charges vacated.

Contrary to Florida law i was never notified as the victim therefore I had no idea this hearing was taking place.

The ASA who was handling it and I had previous history (I successfully defended someone who was charged with a crime through an attorney) he lost the case.

Woman turns around and files civil suit against me and several others claiming huge conspiracy to have her arrested.

(the police filed the charges)

Many more depositions later her attorney (civil) I have removed from the case due to conflicts.

She gets another attorney to take the case and starts it again.

After many more depositions it is clear that she and her "witness" are lying.. her last attorney threw up his hands and walked out of the depo after the police officer testified that her "witness" was no where around that day or he would have interviewed her.. the "witness" spent several minutes trying to convince the police officer she was.. it didnt work.

after being dropped by her "new" atty. woman has EX-HUSBAND go to bat as an intervenor for her.

Now.. the ex husband was an attorney here in FL. He has an extensive record of disciplinary actions plus disbarment, he has been disbarred.

There is a standard agreement attached to the newest set of "paperwork" that I received showing he is being compensated for his "work" on this case .. and has a 1/3 share in any recovery.

i would say that is practicing law without a license.. but that is just my HO.

Can anyone give me some isight as to how to shut these clowns down for good?

I would have hired an atty.. AGAIN except for the fact that I am out of work and a disabled veteran who is barely making it. As an aside this has cost me well over eight thousand dollars thus far and not a thing has changed.. this thing is like the energizer bunny and it just wont die.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and if you need clarification on any points please ask.

I JUST found out that the disbarred atty in the above case went to a hearing to act as an "intervenor" he stated in the hearing that he had no intentions of filing a new action or acting as an atty.

he lied.

I will have the cover letter from the atty. who was handling this as well as the court reporters information soon.

I suggest you contact the press or local television stations. They LOVE this kind of "stuff".

Have you spoken with the County Attorney or District Attorney, not a deputy, but the big cheese?

Maybe you could write him or her a letter?

I just gotta ask, why did a stranger pick your house to start all of this "stuff" at?

Why did you answer the door?

Why didn't you just call "911"?

Those actions, with those kinds of people get people killed. Those actions with those kinds of idiots cause you to waste time in court and lose good money for nothing.

Being a lawyer sucks, so I guess playing one ain't that great either, huh?

I'd offer other advice, but fear you might think I'm being sarcastic. So, I'll stop now.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I suggest you contact the press or local television stations. They LOVE this kind of "stuff".

What would i tell them.. not trying to be a jerk here but I would not know where to start with them or why.

Have you spoken with the County Attorney or District Attorney, not a deputy, but the big cheese?

No I have not, Once again where would i start and what would be the reason. i do know we have statutes in place that say victims SHALL be notified of any changes in the staus of the offenders case.. and I was never notified but I am also of the understanding that the ASA that did this cannot be gone after and has immunity from being taken to task for anything.

Maybe you could write him or her a letter?

Indeed i could.. I would imagine i would explain what happened and wait for a response.

I just gotta ask, why did a stranger pick your house to start all of this "stuff" at?

The strangers husband was a neighbor, he and I had gone fishing and had some beers together on occasion.. fact is I never knew he was married to this nutcase.. he never told me. She took it upon herself to knock on every door in the neighborhood and ask if anyone had seen him (he left the state to get away from her).. and she mistakenly thought for some stupid reason he was hiding out in my home!.. she is off the reservation by miles. She decided to try and force her way in to see for herself.

Why did you answer the door?

I didn't... my wife did, she was expecting company and thought the loud knocking was her company playing games.

Why didn't you just call "911"?

as soon as i got the door situation under control my wife was on the phone dialing..

Those actions, with those kinds of people get people killed. Those actions with those kinds of idiots cause you to waste time in court and lose good money for nothing.

I am a veteran of the 82nd Abn Div... a disabled vet but all the same not unaware of my surroundings, I always answer my door with a .45 in hand... my poor wife was not expecting THAT.. she was expecting her friend.

Being a lawyer sucks, so I guess playing one ain't that great either, huh?

Being I am a disabled vet.. i do not have a whole lot of money to throw at lawyers.. I am already into this for far more than i should be. It needs to stop at this time it is nothing more than harassment and these people are way outside the bounds of reasonable.

I'd offer other advice, but fear you might think I'm being sarcastic. So, I'll stop now.

By all means if you have advice i would be happy to hear it I cannot spend an additional 3K to have the atty for one of the other defendants in this mess file his "motion to strike' that he wants to file.. If i had it, i would and then shut this down and sue them for all i am out.

This case was supposedly set aside for failure to prosecute on their end in 2008.. now all of a sudden he gets to open it again just because??

This guy is a real piece of work as well.. he has a number of charges.. everything from improper tags on vehicles, several times.. driving on a revoked lic, probation, violation of probation, many admonishments from the FL BAR, several suspension.. more admonishments for practicing law while suspended, misusing trust funds for personal gain.. and FINALLY disbarment.

is any of this admissible in a civil trial? to show the character of this clown??

I am here asking for advice.. i won't disregard any that i am given.

What would i tell them.. not trying to be a jerk here but I would not know where to start with them or why.

No I have not, Once again where would i start and what would be the reason. i do know we have statutes in place that say victims SHALL be notified of any changes in the staus of the offenders case.. and I was never notified but I am also of the understanding that the ASA that did this cannot be gone after and has immunity from being taken to task for anything.

Indeed i could.. I would imagine i would explain what happened and wait for a response.

The strangers husband was a neighbor, he and I had gone fishing and had some beers together on occasion.. fact is I never knew he was married to this nutcase.. he never told me. She took it upon herself to knock on every door in the neighborhood and ask if anyone had seen him (he left the state to get away from her).. and she mistakenly thought for some stupid reason he was hiding out in my home!.. she is off the reservation by miles. She decided to try and force her way in to see for herself.

I didn't... my wife did, she was expecting company and thought the loud knocking was her company playing games.

as soon as i got the door situation under control my wife was on the phone dialing..

I am a veteran of the 82nd Abn Div... a disabled vet but all the same not unaware of my surroundings, I always answer my door with a .45 in hand... my poor wife was not expecting THAT.. she was expecting her friend.

Being I am a disabled vet.. i do not have a whole lot of money to throw at lawyers.. I am already into this for far more than i should be. It needs to stop at this time it is nothing more than harassment and these people are way outside the bounds of reasonable.

By all means if you have advice i would be happy to hear it I cannot spend an additional 3K to have the atty for one of the other defendants in this mess file his "motion to strike' that he wants to file.. If i had it, i would and then shut this down and sue them for all i am out.

This case was supposedly set aside for failure to prosecute on their end in 2008.. now all of a sudden he gets to open it again just because??

This guy is a real piece of work as well.. he has a number of charges.. everything from improper tags on vehicles, several times.. driving on a revoked lic, probation, violation of probation, many admonishments from the FL BAR, several suspension.. more admonishments for practicing law while suspended, misusing trust funds for personal gain.. and FINALLY disbarment.

is any of this admissible in a civil trial? to show the character of this clown??

I am here asking for advice.. i won't disregard any that i am given.

The BEST thing to do with any civil or criminal matter is discuss what it would take to make everyone happy.

You aren't admitting to anything by that, just trying to see what could make everyone happy.

That said, with all the churn about "this and that", you just might need a lawyer one more time.

No one would try to remove a cancerous growth on their brain.

Some legal matters are cancerous growths that could destroy you, or irreparably harm you.

You are involved in a complex and difficult saga.

This little website is not equipped to assist you properly.

You could talk to a couple local attorneys for free, as most offer no charge initial consultations.

Finally, never disparage the other person's character in an effort to defend or plead your case.

It can be done, but all too often backfires.

If the disbarred attorney is breaking the law, or practicing law without a license, file a complaint with the local gendarmes and report the matter to the state bar association.

The BEST thing to do with any civil or criminal matter is discuss what it would take to make everyone happy.

I want to be left alone... They want money.. lots of it, this is how they live.

You aren't admitting to anything by that, just trying to see what could make everyone happy.

I understand that.. these are NOT reasonable people... from what I am to understand the history between the others in this case goes back to the 70's!

Old boyfriend girlfriend married both animosity that has been ongoing for that long. It is ridiculous.

This guy does this all the time and has a track record of suing folks just to get paid.

That said, with all the churn about "this and that", you just might need a lawyer one more time.

I have a choice of a roof over my head, food on my table 9which by the way i hunt my own meat) and just enough to pay my bills and not lose my home. OR. paying thousands i do not have to an attorney... which by the way every one I have used thusfar has been disbarred or arrested and it got me nowhere.

No one would try to remove a cancerous growth on their brain.

that is a bit more involved.. although i have taken to do my own dental work.

Some legal matters are cancerous growths that could destroy you, or irreparably harm you.

You are involved in a complex and difficult saga.

I am fully aware of that. it seems to me the number of times this entire thing was shot to pieces that ONE of thes judges would have dismissed it for good, Hell there was an order to remove cause for lack of prosecution.. but yet another judge allows it to be re-opened and to go on.

This little website is not equipped to assist you properly.

I appreciate your candor and will look elsewhere.

You could talk to a couple local attorneys for free, as most offer no charge initial consultations.

BTDT.. it is civil litigation.. they all want lots of money to start and make no promises with and additional 250 an hour.

Finally, never disparage the other person's character in an effort to defend or plead your case.

It can be done, but all too often backfires.

i would think that a jury would want to know the character of the actors in front of them, it seems that the other side loves throwing around the terms malicious and fabricated as well as many others. They have even tried to show criminal acts they attributed to me that were not committed by me.. just someone in another county with the same name. i had to prove it wasn't me!

no judge so far has held that it was bad behavior on their part.

I think it speaks volumes about the people involved in this case.

But that's just me.

If the disbarred attorney is breaking the law, or practicing law without a license, file a complaint with the local gendarmes and report the matter to the state bar association.

Spoke to the state Bar today.. i was informed that I NEEDED to file a complaint and attach the EXHIBITS. With a complete statement. After they looked at his record. But.. do they have any pervue over someone who is not a member in good standing?

They did however seem to be very angry that he was doing this although nothing specific was mentioned.

I'll find a way to defend this.. I will not stand for court sponsored extortion.

Good luck, I can tell you there are a myriad of things about this once great nation I now abhor. I don't care so much for myself, I'm an old man, and don't fear my death. I'm saddened for my grand kids and great gran kids, because I fear they'll never be able to enjoy all that I've been privy to during my lifetime.

I, too, gave three decades of my life wearing this nation's uniform. I spent four years in 'Nam, most of that time slugging through jungles.

Well, we're outta here, soon. We're emigrating to a nation that lets you live in peace. This freedom stuff, it's all schtick, mostly. I say that as a lawyer that was never disciplined or disbarred. But, I can't blame them that did this country in, look who let them get away with it.

army judge; if you served in Vietnam, you are probably around my age. My one brother who is 10 years older than me - Korean War. The neighbors living across the alley from us lost a son in the Vietnam War. He was only 19.

army judge; if you served in Vietnam, you are probably around my age. My one brother who is 10 years older than me - Korean War. The neighbors living across the alley from us lost a son in the Vietnam War. He was only 19.

I'm sure we have many contemporaries, as my officer basic tac officer would always say.

My sister lost her husband in 'Nam. She never remarried. My two nieces never had their dad. His youngest daughter was born two months before was killed.

My daughter lost her husband in Afghanistan. I've seen how my grands have dealt with the loss of their dad. My daughter has taken it hard, too. She still sets a place at dinner every night for Al.

I've had to write THAT letter offering my personal condolences for a comrade that lost his life in combat. The hardest part was watching a person's life being packed into a box.

I could go on, but doing so accomplishes little more than flooding one's mind with old memories. Life is never easy, is it?

Wow, I'm so sorry. I never lost any family members in a war or went through what you did. Your post actually brought tears to my eyes.

I am 47.. I lost my father in Viet nam. I never knew him.

I enlisted out of duty.

AJ.. I could not agree with you more.. I myself have seen the freedoms I had when i was younger slipping away. We have been sabotaged from inside.. but we let it happen. i can only hope that even in the condition i am in I can still manage to serve my country (not its government) when it needs to be done.

I Served in GWI, panama, haiti and bosnia. I am pretty well broken and I do my level best to try to stay on top of my obligations. I feel that today we have courts of equity.. not justice. I will always strive to honor my oath and do everything I can to find that justice.

You have my condolences for your losses and I thank you for paving the way and for your service.

I do hope you find what it is you are looking for and I will continue to persevere.

Thank you for your time and thoughts on this matter.

army judge, the traveling Vietnam veterans' memorial wall is now in St. Louis. It will be at a high school in St. Louis until Sunday. Saturday they are going to have a program honoring all the Vietnam veterans. One veteran gentleman is going to speak about being shot down four times during the war but made it home safe. My brother & I are going to try & go Sat. We at least want to go & see the wall. I know I will cry.

army judge, the traveling Vietnam veterans' memorial wall is now in St. Louis. It will be at a high school in St. Louis until Sunday. Saturday they are going to have a program honoring all the Vietnam veterans. One veteran gentleman is going to speak about being shot down four times during the war but made it home safe. My brother & I are going to try & go Sat. We at least want to go & see the wall. I know I will cry.

Memorials and monuments cause a rainbow of emotions, don't they?

I hope you have beautiful weather for your visit.

St. Louis in the summer is a very beautiful city.

The boys I graduated high school with just missed Nam - the helicopters took off from the roof of the Embassy six weeks before we graduated. But the older brothers of some of my classmates went.

The boys I graduated high school with just missed Nam - the helicopters took off from the roof of the Embassy six weeks before we graduated. But the older brothers of some of my classmates went.

It never gets better. One generation escapes it, only to see it ensnare their children. Peace is best.

I so wish we could have peace among nations - big, big wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back