Naturalization, Citizenship citizenship denied do to misdemeanor n should I apply for a new green card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrluna

I need advice I was denied on my citizenship. Do to misdemeanors I have. N I was wondering will the misdemeanor s affect me if I apply for a renewal of green card. Please help me

It seems multiple misdemeanors per your post - they "possibility" could affect your renewal of a green card. Why don't you run your question by an immigration attorney & give him/her complete details?

If you are out, then you are fine!

MRLUNA:

No; your misdemeanor conviction will have NO adverse effect on renewal of your Green Card, not one bit even though your petition for U.S. Citizenship was denied. And for proof that the misdemeanor will not be a stumbling block in maintaining your L.P.R. (Permanent Legal Resident), look no further than the very fact that you are free and going about your daily life instead of cooling your heels in an I.C.E. detention centre facing Removal Proceedings (deportation).

Simple as that! And let me explain.

An L.P.R. is subject to detention and removal from the U.S if he is said to have committed and been convicted of s charge of Aggravated Felony "for immigration purposes" And of course there is a long list of illegal acts that would make an alien a candidate for D.A.T. (DETENTION AND REMOVAL) and whatever you have been convicted of was not deemed serious enough to warrant D.A.T. which is why you are still free as a bird Detention. Because had the indiscretion you had committed and were convicted of was for (example) forgery, money laundering, or identity theft (etc.), considered to be Crimes of Moral Turpitude, you would have been arrested without any hoopla, and put through the farce that is the removal proceedings , which includes a few attendance of the oh-so-kangarooesgue court of immigration jurisdiction.

And just in case you are thinking of perhaps having your record expunged; well don't! Expunging and sealing of records remove criminal record from public viewing only, but the government still sees all of it in full.

So, do not worry because if you are free, then you are fine for L.P.R. and as such you will have your L.P.R. status renewed with no further ado or problems.

fredrikklaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back