Naturalization, Citizenship Citizenship denial/case refusal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssmeer

I am a permanent US resident by legal marriage to a US citizen. I was arrested in Decemeber 2004 b/c of domestic assault. The court sentenced me to take anger management classes and fine. I paid the fine but I never went to anger management class. I applied for US citizenship in March 2009. INS asked me to send court decision paper and I mailed the papers. I was called for interview/test on 23rd of July, 2009. I passed the test and was told that my case is under review and they will send me a letter for ceremony of OATH . I got a letter back last week and they are asking me to send the court decision papers and evidence that I complied with all the conditions of sentence. I am worried since I never took anger management classes, would I be denied or my case would be refused b/c of that reason and do I need a lawyer?? Anybody with a suggestion or answer?

Yes, it can be denied. You should contact the court to obtain what you need. Considering that it has been 5 years, they may waive the classes at this point, but as of now it will look as though you did not fulfill the terms.
Straighten things out with the court and then submit the necessary proof to INS. You don't NEED a lawyer- but getting one might help move things a little faster and easier for you if you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back