Cited for speeding in PA 74 in 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginod

I received a speeding ticket in Kline township PA over the weekend traveling 74 in a 55 mph zone. The officer asked for a field soberity test which I passed. I had 2 drinks that evening at dinner. He wrote the ticket for 69 mph stating that he would give me a break. This is my first speeding ticket in approx 26 years. I did recieve 1 ticket for failure to signal approx 9 years ago. The officer asked why I was traveling so fast and I stated that I was driving my wifes vehicle which I am not use to and didn't realize that I was going that fast, which is true. I was the designated drive for several individuals that evening. Now to my question. I would like to know what options I have. Is their a probation I can accept in lew of the ticket, plead 5 mph over the limit in an effort to try and not recieve points?

Also the ticket appears to be accurate in every sense except for an area where the officer must check off the measuring device ie. Radar, ESP, Vascar, Clocked, AOV, Other. Nothing is noted in that area. I would think it should be noted as I understand that municipalities are only permitted to use certain measuring devices.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back