cited for 545.064

jessicaguer04

Jurisdiction
Texas
I attempted to cross a land made median. Was stopped in middle of median did a u turn returned to road therefore not crossing median, I crossed a single white line in process it was a two way road with a dead end, that's why I tried crossing to go onto HWY. There was construction and workers present. May I appeal citation?

I attempted to cross a land made median. Was stopped in middle of median did a u turn returned to road therefore not crossing median, I crossed a single white line in process it was a two way road with a dead end, that's why I tried crossing to go onto HWY. There was construction and workers present. May I appeal citation?
I'm sure that there are procedures in place to contest the citation.

That's not what you wanted to ask though...I'm sure that you want to know the likelihood of success.

Here is the text of the law you are charged with violating:

Texas Transportation Code § 545.064 | FindLaw
An operator may not drive on or from a limited-access or controlled-access roadway except at an entrance or exit that is established by a public authority.

According to that, and your own description, you are guilty. You may find a sympathetic judge, but I don't believe your chances are good.

Agreed. What matters is that you drove your vehicle where you were not supposed to.. Based on what you said here I doubt you would have any success trying to defend against this citation.
Look into whether taking a traffic school course will keep this off your record.

May I appeal citation?

Have you PLEAD GUILTY to the citations and paid the fines and costs assessed?

If the issue has been adjudicated, how many DAYS have passed since the matter was resolved?

In Texas the judge is not required to grant you a new trial.

if you have NOT received a ruling on your request for a new trial within 10 days from the date you filed your motion for new trial, then your motion is overruled by operation of law.

You must file (and post) your appeal bond within 10 days from the date your judgment was entered.

In the future, in Texas, for the vast majority of traffic citations you can request "deferred disposition " or "deferred adjudication", which allows you to pay costs and fees.

The good news with such a tactic is that the citation will be dismissed after 60 or 90 days, depending upon the court that is presiding over the matter.

Back