Assault & Battery Citation in mail - assault by physical contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddermono

Jurisdiction
Texas
I received a citation in the mail for assault by physical contact (DFW area). I was run off the road by someone, I stopped, she stopped. I went back to ask her why she ran me off the road and she was recording me on video the whole time (including when she was driving). I reached out and hit her phone so she would look at me instead of recording me. Yes, I hit her phone. I ended up walking away after that.

So, I'm assuming there is video evidence.

I received a citation in the mail for assault by physical contact (DFW area). I was run off the road by someone, I stopped, she stopped. I went back to ask her why she ran me off the road and she was recording me on video the whole time (including when she was driving). I reached out and hit her phone so she would look at me instead of recording me. Yes, I hit her phone. I ended up walking away after that.

So, I'm assuming there is video evidence.

Plead NOT guilty, don't explain, don't try to defend, don't discuss any aspect of the incident and its subsequent allegations.

Hire a lawyer before your appearance, or ask the court if you qualify for a public defender.

Other than that, name, address, date of birth, employer, occupation, and biographical information are the only questions you answer.

Furthermore, don't discuss this anymore EXCEPT with your lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back