Criminal Trials, Hearings Citation for Annoyance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advise35

Hello All,

Let me explain the situvation...one evening, on my way back from work, our bus was stopped by police and I was asked to step out. When I asked what it is regarding, they told me it is regarding a compliant from a women.... and they showed me a women standing in a distance and asked whether I knew her. I said no. Later I was told that I will be contacted by detectives.

Later durning the week, I was contacted by a detective and they explained in detail. It seems the lady they showed me on the other day had a compliant saying, I did try to annoy her by touching her in the bus.(which I did not do). Reading through the citation details, the date/time the incident happened as described by the women to police was when I was on vacation out of the country.

My question is... should I be giving a complaint against the women for false acqusition and also for a compensation for the humaliation that I suffered infront of all the people in the bus..and if so what should be the approach i should be taking...Please help..any help would be appreciated..

Can somebody give some suggestions???

Hello All,

Let me explain the situvation...one evening, on my way back from work, our bus was stopped by police and I was asked to step out. When I asked what it is regarding, they told me it is regarding a compliant from a women.... and they showed me a women standing in a distance and asked whether I knew her. I said no. Later I was told that I will be contacted by detectives.

Later durning the week, I was contacted by a detective and they explained in detail. It seems the lady they showed me on the other day had a compliant saying, I did try to annoy her by touching her in the bus.(which I did not do). Reading through the citation details, the date/time the incident happened as described by the women to police was when I was on vacation out of the country.

My question is... should I be giving a complaint against the women for false acqusition and also for a compensation for the humaliation that I suffered infront of all the people in the bus..and if so what should be the approach i should be taking...Please help..any help would be appreciated..[/QUOTE]

You need to hire a lawyer soon, very soon.

I agree. Based on your lack of knowledge of the criminal system, retian an attorney and let him explain to the detective that you were out of the country. You will need travel receipts and other proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back