Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication cigarettes in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjane420

:eek: although i was not smoking on school grounds, my principal came over and went through my purse and my friends for no reason at all. he invaded my privacy and also my friends.is that legal for him to do?he also confiscated our cigarettes and lighters. :eek:

Perfectly legal, dear. You were smoking, you were underaged, and he has every right to do what he did simply because you were breaking the law.

Originally posted by rochella
Perfectly legal, dear. You were smoking, you were underaged, and he has every right to do what he did simply because you were breaking the law.

Um.... She says she wasn't smoking on school property. Are you saying because it's illegal to posess drugs, police should have the right to search any/everyone they wish for drugs??
I can see the rights of a school official to go through private property of students under the right circumstances, but to just search personal belongings for no apparent reason, I can't agree with being legal.

I do feel that we aren't hearing the complete story though, and if the principal had reason to suspect you of possessing cigs on school property, I think he may have had rights to search you and friends. If this is the complete version, I think you were wronged.

Rochella...
Maybe before posting the parental response, try to read what peepz are asking about. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back