Chuck Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyon658

I entered into a lease/purchase agreement with a trucking company in October 2014. I was classified as an independent contractor. My lease was terminated as of 12/05/2014 with the reasoning given " I didn't fit in with there program ". The lease states either party can terminate the lease at anytime for any reason with a 30 day written notice. I asked what there reason for termination was, and all I got was the answer stated above. I asked for copies of the rated freight bills due to a discrepancy in pay for duplicate loads hauled, and was told I needed to come to the main office and at that time is when my lease was terminated. I have no violation's, chose my loads from what there dispatch offered, and had no other complaints that were brought to my attention. I had the option to decline any load offered but I chose from what was offered. My feeling is that the contract was terminated for unjust cause due to me choosing to be home daily, and not allow them to run me like there company drivers. I informed them on day one that I did not want to " Live in a truck" and at that time they had no problem with the way I ran. I made timely deliveries, no damage claims, and dealt with them taking unauthorized lump sum deductions from my settlements for mistakes made by there payroll personnel. Do I have any legal recourse to take action against them?

If, as you indicated, EITHER party can terminate the agreement at any time with a 30 day notice; you have NO cause of action for their 30 day notice to terminate you.

The lease was very simple, 30 days notice, for any reason, by either party.
You could have terminated the company.
Sorry, their action was proper under the terms of the lease you signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back