Choosing the right lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksun5

Is there a site where I can research lawyers and their histories? I would like to know the status with the bar, and complaints, reviews, or even cases that they've worked on. All public records of course. Please advise.

I interviewed more than 6, looked on line, and 1/4 million dollars later, would have done better had I did it myself or just walked away from the whole mess. I would now go to your state's legislative website look for lawyers in your area, look at clients listed on the cases and contact them directly, asking them if they were happy, problems, etc. I would also take a few days, go down to the courthouse and sit in the court room and watch them perform, later see if you can catch the client and question them. Keep in mind the majority of people don't know the law and I have found their lawyers tell them they got a great deal, when in fact they could have gotten much more under the law. A "good" lawyer is a good actor and they will use it against you as much as they use it in court. They must have to take a course in semantics, record and document EVERYTHING yourselves. Ridiculous with the amounts they charge, yes. In my opinion criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back