child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjazz

I just received a court order stating I have a 14 year old daughter. The DNA results came in and I am the biological father. The state of Missouri is going to make me pay a child support payment that is yet to be determined. Fortunately, the mother and I agree that we do not want the state involved and we want to work this out between ourselves. The state will not remove itself from the case reguardless of our wishes. If we use a mediator or arbitration, will this allow the state to "get out?"
Also, the child lives with her grandparents, how will that affect the child support payment if the state maintains involvement?

I'm not sure of what the state involvement may mean. You might be best in speaking to a clerk in the court regarding a stipulation that you wish to have the court accept. I don't know if a mediator is necessary because it seems that there is no dispute. The court may simply wish to hear the terms stipulated to ensure that the child isn't getting the short end of the stick regarding any agreement that may be acceptable to the two of you. Best might be to ask the court directly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back