Child support non payment

mk6s

Jurisdiction
California
father is almost 8 thousand behind in child support. Our child is only 4

Questions:

1. is thre any legal action i can take against him for no payment?

2. what is the lowest amount in California required to pay for child support?

3. if i take legal action against him, will the child support services drop my case, making me responsible for his payments?

You can discuss your child support concerns with these nice people, who will pretend to help you:

Services We Provide

Collecting a Child Support Order - support_famlaw_selfhelp

If you don't have a court order mandating support, you'll need to obtain one.

If you have such a court order, you'll learn it's not all that helpful.

Therefore, I suggest you budget accordingly, choosing not to depend on funds arriving in a timely manner (if at all) from a deadbeat.

The authorities try, but the deadbeats overwhelm the system.

Hence, budget for the child's care yourself, not depending on the deadbeat ever paying a dime.

father is almost 8 thousand behind in child support. Our child is only 4

Questions:

1. is thre any legal action i can take against him for no payment?

2. what is the lowest amount in California required to pay for child support?

3. if i take legal action against him, will the child support services drop my case, making me responsible for his payments?

My ex is about 9000+ behind on support for his four kids. They haven't gone after him yet for it. He's given me about 250 since we got divorced. His payment for our daughter is $86 a month...when he had a job for 2 months I got $25 a week. I don't expect it anytime soon as he's looking at prison time possibly. In jail right now. He's supposed to pay half of daycare and unreimbursed medical too. It would be nice but I don't expect it and am paying everything on my own.

Back