Child Support/Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptheriver

I am a <recent> resident of Florida. My X-wife (separated only-living in NY with child) went to social services for assistance. This invoked Suffolk County Family Court to step in. I hired a (incompetent) lawyer to represent me. I terminated the lawyer for he was not acting in my best interest. The Family Court hearing examiner rendered a motion that was based upon false finical information. Because my former lawyer postponed the hearing 9 times she refuses to review the case based upon accurate information.

QUESTON:
If I obtain a divorce here in Florida, will Florida address the child support issue???????????

Need immediate assistance..... Please

Originally posted by uptheriver:
I am a <recent> resident of Florida. My X-wife (separated only-living in NY with child) went to social services for assistance. This invoked Suffolk County Family Court to step in. I hired a (incompetent) lawyer to represent me. I terminated the lawyer for he was not acting in my best interest. The Family Court hearing examiner rendered a motion that was based upon false finical information. Because my former lawyer postponed the hearing 9 times she refuses to review the case based upon accurate information.

QUESTON:
If I obtain a divorce here in Florida, will Florida address the child support issue???????????

Need immediate assistance..... Please
While there may be a yes or no answer for that specific question, you may want to consult with an attorney admitted in Florida. It sounds like there are a lot of things happening here, including your appearance in the NY court and residence in NY. The answer to that question might very well be insufficient with what you really want to accomplish -- your case has a lot of specific facts that could affect the ultimate solution you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back