Child support arrearage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulilpn59

Help! Married and divorced in Illinois, child born in Illinois. I remarried and moved to Michigan. I have sole custody, got child support order in 1981. Went back to court in Illinois in 2000 to modify order--ex-husband is in arrears of $7466.00. He agreed in front of the judge to pay me $75 a week till arrearage cleared.
Illinois Dept. of Public Aid is supposed to enforce the order. I have called their offices in Waukegan, IL and Springfield, IL several times with no results. In February 2003 I sent both offices a copy of the orders (return receipt requested) with a request that they enforce the order. They have his SSN, current address, and phone number. I have had no response from anyone on this matter. I tried to have this transferred to my Friend of the Court of Isabella County, MI, and they won't take it. My question is, how can I now get the Illinois people to get off their butts and enforce the order so I can get the child support owed me? I can't afford a PI or even an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back