Child Endangerment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eman311

I am a mom of four who stupidly admits to running into the grocery store for 10 minutes with 3 kids in the car with the AC on. My oldest was 8 and the other 2 were napping. When I came out of the store a police offier stood waiting and gave me a "warning" but did take my info and let me go. Needless to say, I'll NEVER do that again but now I found out ----3 weeks later----that he is in fact pressing charges...3 counts of Endangering the welfare of a child. I have never been in any kind of trouble. I'm a soccer mom who drives a mini-van who made a terrible mistake. What might I expect during my court date? Should I hire a laywer?

Anything can happen. As far as hiring an attorney, that would be a good idea. Good Luck!

YES!! Hire an Attorney you risk fines, jail and lost of your children! Not to mention CPS nosing into your every move for at least 30 days if not longer. Your unwise act has just turned your life upside down. Do not type another word until you talk to an Attorney!

The policeman does not press charges, the DA does. What you did was stupid and those kids could have been kidnapped or injured. You need an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back