Credit Cards, Rating, Repair Chexsystems report inmacurate

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I have been considered disabled since 2011. In 2014 I ran a small business and has a business account, checking account, and credit card with PNC bank. Around March 27th a check bounced March 29th they closed my checking account and marked it with check systems before making an attempt to contact me even via email. When i found out by calling I paid the amount owed and it posted April 14th even though I mailed it all the way from CA-PA so I was on top of it. PNC never told me it marked negative closure on chexsystems with me and I was suddenly denied opening account on the new city I moved no idea why...could not cash checks without an account it was awful and has been for the past 4 years. PNC had left my owing them a debt on my FACTA report and I have been denied housing, employment.And bank accounts. Recently I called pnc and they said everything was fine and I had paid my account so I asked them to put it into chexsystems- they acted like they couldnt. I also disputed the info with Chex systems and requested a report but have received no communication. I feel I have suffered more than enough for one bounced check that I paid off right away ESPECIALLY since according to the state of PA? I am too disabled to have handled processing and amending new information that quickly but i did right away...even pnc rejected my online application after I spoke to them b/c they use chexsys. Obviously they did not read the report and see the only negative mark was from them and check to see it was paid! Help! What can I do so this doesn't happen to others and to fix my fact a for good. No other bad marks at all.

What can I do so this doesn't happen to others and to fix my fact a for good.

Unfortunately the business that is plaguing you is very unforgiving and extremely difficult to when it comes to correcting the record.

If you have been denied a opening a new bank account — or if a retail business refuses your checks — because of your negative banking history, don't give up, hang tough.

You may simply be the victim of inaccurate information being relayed to ChexSystems, the consumer reporting agency that keeps tabs on checking and savings account activity.

Although that's bad news — you can't have yourself "removed" from ChexSystems — the good news is you can get back into the good graces of the mainstream financial industry by requesting removal of the error to restore a clean banking history.

Left undisputed, however, the information will stay on your report for five years.

Until then, you will continue being turned down by banks.

Some credit unions and savings banks MIGHT open a checking account, so there is immediate help.

This PA lawyer offers some information and claims he can help:

Phoenixville, Law Office of Timothy E Wilfong, LLC Phoenixville, PA Chexsystems

These websites offers more details on what you can TRY to do to correct the record.

https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f...unt-consumer-report-dispute-sample-letter.pdf

ChexSystems Dispute: Request Removal of Errors

Blacklisted by ChexSystems? What to Know - NerdWallet

ChexSystems Dispute | Perfect Finances

PA offers NON-Chexsystem banks:

Pennsylvania Non ChexSystems Banks for people in ChexSystems

For what it MIGHT be worth:

https://www.dobs.pa.gov/Documents/Publications/Handouts/ChexSystems.pdf

https://www.chexsystems.com/web/wcm...ystems+FCRA+Summary+of+Rights.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Back