Check Fraud Via in bank Teller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserXVI

Good to be here.

A few months ago: roughly 1000$ was taken out of the account via ATM
Shorty there after: 3000 was taken out of the account, not by the account holder or any one authorized.

Long story short, in total over 5000$ was stolen out of the bank account by an un authorized entity combining, Check fraud with ATM fraud.

I began with a complaint to the bank, then an investigation, and finally Escalated the investigation and again was denied.

I went to the BBB and the FDIC to complain about their incompetence and wrongdoing and so far here are my results and I would really appreciate some advice on my next actions.

BBB has.... Closed the complain and the bank has sent a response via Regular mail and it goes something like this:
"We informed Mr.X that he must send in pictures of him and his wife so we can "continue the investigation"

At no time did they ever inform Mr.X, his wife/spouse or myself (son)
Countless times said woman (wife) said victim (father) and myself (son) asked to see Proof, particularly the Check that was signed and actual images of the person or people taking the money from the bank teller, and we where scoffed off, every single time, over the phone, in person and in writing.

FDIC was therefore instantly asked for involvement on a federal level (no response as of yet)

Right now, we have made pictures of ourselves and can send them to the bank, but I have a gut feeling this will only give them the opportunity to commit more fraud and wrongdoing or not?, thus should we send in the pictures? will that be some kind of admittance that we where informed to send in pictures and clear them of their wrong doing in case this goes into court or begins gov investigation? plus I also have a feeling since the letter did not have me anywhere in it, are they actually going to go after me in any way to further their own agenda?

What I would really like is for the FBI or something along the lines to actually compare the pictures themselves because our trust for that particular bank is at ZERO.

Advice would be appreciated because of the delicate nature that its taken at this time.

Am I doing this all wrong? How do I get our money back from them?

Last edited:
Good to be here.

A few months ago: roughly 1000$ was taken out of the account via ATM
Shorty there after: 3000 was taken out of the account, not by the account holder or any one authorized.

Long story short, in total over 5000$ was stolen out of the bank account by an un authorized entity combining, Check fraud with ATM fraud.

I began with a complaint to the bank, then an investigation, and finally Escalated the investigation and again was denied.

I went to the BBB and the FDIC to complain about their incompetence and wrongdoing and so far here are my results and I would really appreciate some advice on my next actions.

BBB has.... Closed the complain and the bank has sent a response via Regular mail and it goes something like this:
"We informed Mr.X that he must send in pictures of him and his wife so we can "continue the investigation"

At no time did they ever inform Mr.X, his wife/spouse or myself (son)
Countless times said woman (wife) said victim (father) and myself (son) asked to see Proof, particularly the Check that was signed and actual images of the person or people taking the money from the bank teller, and we where scoffed off, every single time, over the phone, in person and in writing.

FDIC was therefore instantly asked for involvement on a federal level (no response as of yet)

Right now, we have made pictures of ourselves and can send them to the bank, but I have a gut feeling this will only give them the opportunity to commit more fraud and wrongdoing or not?, thus should we send in the pictures? will that be some kind of admittance that we where informed to send in pictures and clear them of their wrong doing in case this goes into court or begins gov investigation? plus I also have a feeling since the letter did not have me anywhere in it, are they actually going to go after me in any way to further their own agenda?

What I would really like is for the FBI or something along the lines to actually compare the pictures themselves because our trust for that particular bank is at ZERO.

Advice would be appreciated because of the delicate nature that its taken at this time.

Am I doing this all wrong? How do I get our money back from them?

Comply with the bank's request.

There is an obvious issue with the ATM withdrawal. Someone had to have known your PIN number in order to have made that withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back