Cheated by business partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bezel

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
A month ago I opened a Ltd company. The company only owned me as a 50% director and shareholder. After 2 weeks, the business partner decided to withdraw from the business, asked me half the amount invested, which I did not agree due to lack of funds to repay. A week later, that same partner made an agreement behind my back with the landlord of the place that we rented for food trade, for a refund of the deposit and monthly rent. In addition, he sold him the entire contents of the food booth (equipment worth over £ 2,000), which was mostly purchased from my private bank account. After receiving the transfer from the landlord, I received a phone call from my business partner, that her lawyer had cost over £ 4,000 (for which she does not have an invoice) and stated that the cost of the accountant was £ 300 (there is also no invoice for this payment). Namely, I received an offer that I can recover only £ 150, which is what is left from the equipment, deposit and rent sold. We made everything together. I have invoices for everything with my name on it. The landlord was convinced that my business partner is the director and holds 51% of shares ( she had lied to him). The partner does not currently answer calls or reply to messages. What legal action should I take? Where to start?

You'll need to find yourself a legal website that discusses the laws of the UK.

This website ONLY discusses the laws of the US federal government its 50 states, and 6 or so territories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back