Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Charged with grand theft and conspiracy to commit grand theft HELP~!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkin

My friend and I were at the mall, and we got caught stealing 4 pairs of jeans totalling $820 dollars, but I only had one pair of jeans found in my shopping bag worth $180, the LP guy said they have me on tape shoving a pair of jeans into my friends bag, and I have no recollection of this. So instead of being charged a misdemeanor I'm being charged with 2 felonies. The PD came and took us to jail and we bailed out for $20,000. Does anyone know what I can do? I really want multiple infractions instead of a misdemeanor or is this even possible? I'm a poor college student already facing debt of $2000 to bail out as well facing civil demand and court fees. The LP guy made us sign papers for civil demand as well as banning us from the store. Are my chances better off with a Public Defender than a private attourney since the best a private attourney has guarantee me is a misdemeanor. please help. i'm a graduating in the spring and I can't have this on my record when I try to find a job. This is my first offense and i can't eat or sleep :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back