Personal Bankruptcy chapter 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBreEze

I was an independant contractor and i recently put an end to my business. I had to lease a truck and now i wont be able to make the payments. if i were to file chapter 7 on the lease, how would that affect me? Would it be better to just do a voluntary repo? Would filing chapter 7 really screw up my credit and for how long?

C7 will ruin your credit for 10 years. But, you can get cars, homes, CC quickly after you file and discharged.

You probably don't want to file Chapter 7 if you don't have to. You may be able to negotiate a settlement agreement, especially if there is a risk of non-payment due to a declaration of bankruptcy. Getting blood from a stone is not usually a good option.

Originally posted by CoolBreEze
I was an independant contractor and i recently put an end to my business. I had to lease a truck and now i wont be able to make the payments. if i were to file chapter 7 on the lease, how would that affect me? Would it be better to just do a voluntary repo? Would filing chapter 7 really screw up my credit and for how long?

C7 will ruin your credit for 10 years. But, you can get cars, homes, CC quickly after you file and discharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back