K Visa Changing from fiancee visa to student visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

brfield

My jurisdiction is: New York

My boyfriend came to this country over a year ago on a fiancee visa to get married and go to school for his masters. Soon after he entered the U.S. his fiancee broke up with him and he moved to NY to try to start his life as a student. He has paid lots of money on lawyers trying to change his status to a fiancee visa but he has not had much luck. Right now he is being denied a student visa and being told even if he marries a U.S. citizen he will still have a hard time getting a different visa or citizenship because his record is "dirty" from not honoring his previous visa. Why is it so difficult for him to switch from a fiancee visa to a student visa? Are there any other avenues for him to go down to gain a different visa or maybe a temporary citizenship? We plan on getting married but not this soon, so i'm sure a permanent citizenship is that an option for him right now. Any help would be much appreciated. I don't want him to continue working with the same lawyer if they are not giving him all his options. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back