Change personal rep.

Carl2019

Jurisdiction
Florida
Family member passed away in 2019 in Florida with legal will. Named executor did not want to perform duties, so probate court approved change of personal representative. Last will clearly stated deceased wanted executor was to be paid 20% of estate. Should new rep be paid thte stated 20% or state standard of 3%?

Family member passed away in 2019 in Florida with legal will. Named executor did not want to perform duties, so probate court approved change of personal representative. Last will clearly stated deceased wanted executor was to be paid 20% of estate. Should new rep be paid thte stated 20% or state standard of 3%?
Take the will to an estate attorney to get your answer. The wording matters and we don't have the will to review.

Last will clearly stated deceased wanted executor was to be paid 20% of estate. Should new rep be paid thte stated 20% or state standard of 3%?

No way to opine intelligently about this without reading the will and the order appointing the personal rep.

The prior answers were spot on.

Let me ask you this, rhetorically: Did the will state that "The executor shall be paid a flat fee of 20% of the estate", or did the will say "I appoint Bill Brown as the executor of my estate and he is to receive 20% of the value of the estate"?

Back