change of laat name on 10year green card application

Status
Not open for further replies.

halimatou

When I applied for my green card , I didn't change my last name to my husband last name thinking it was gonna be done automatically... Now it's time for me to apply for my 10year and I would like to use his last name
Is there any abbreviations if I want to keep my maiden name along with his exple my name is Jane doe, he is john smith so I will b Jane doe smith ?
I can just put his last name on the application along with mine as a maiden right ?could you tell m how I can write, if there should b a - or '

On the marriage certificate I still filled out my last name , it doesn't have to h changed right ?

After the fact ,I will have to wait until I get my card to change my driver license name ?

Thank you

It will b great if I could get some input because I am totally confused for the name change

When I applied for my green card , I didn't change my last name to my husband last name thinking it was gonna be done automatically... Now it's time for me to apply for my 10year and I would like to use his last name
Is there any abbreviations if I want to keep my maiden name along with his exple my name is Jane doe, he is john smith so I will b Jane doe smith ?
I can just put his last name on the application along with mine as a maiden right ?could you tell m how I can write, if there should b a - or '

On the marriage certificate I still filled out my last name , it doesn't have to h changed right ?

After the fact ,I will have to wait until I get my card to change my driver license name ?

Thank you

It will b great if I could get some input because I am totally confused for the name change

You can change your name by court filing.

You can discuss this matter with the US immigration authorities by calling them, writing them a letter, or sending them an email.

Check their website:

http://www.uscis.gov/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back