Parole, Probation Chances of California accepting my probation transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caddylack

I am facing a felony marijuana possession charge right now. I've been planning to move for quite awhile now. I've been given a plea bargain where I can do 2 years of first-offender probation and get the felony expunged from my record. I plan on talking to my lawyer about getting the plea changed so I can move to California and get my probation transferred there. I've read the Interstate Compact. Since I don't have family in Cali, I don't fall into the "mandatory" category. I heard that if you're "discretionary", Cali will more than likely turn you down. Does anyone have experience with how often California accepts discretionary transfers? I plan on having a job and apartment lined up ahead of time, and I'll be going to school as well. I noticed you can get a mandatory transfer if you are already a resident of the receiving state. I'm not on probation yet... so would it be possible to become a resident quickly? I've read if you are applying for residency to receive discounted tuition, you must have lived in the state for a year prior. What if you are applying for residency for a different reason? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can make this happen. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back