Caught stealing money from Macy's

A

Anonymous 410

Hello I have a question. I stole 130$ from Macy's a little bit at a time. They took me in to the loss prevention office talked to me I signed and read some paperwork I agreed to pay it back asap. I already gave them $20. They let me go without calling the police will I be,arrested or will they just fire me and make sure I pact them back

Hello I have a question. I stole 130$ from Macy's a little bit at a time. They took me in to the loss prevention office talked to me I signed and read some paperwork I agreed to pay it back asap. I already gave them $20. They let me go without calling the police will I be,arrested or will they just fire me and make sure I pact them back

Only the store knows what will be done to you.

I've known of cases where people were prosecuted and fired for stealing less money than you apparently did.

Good luck.

Nobody can predict what your employer will do. You'll just have to sweat it out.

I'm surprised you weren't fired on the spot.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and address concerns (like yours) daily. Where no one can say if they will press charges it is unlikely. The most common way this goes is if Police are not contacted at time its unlikely they will now unless you provoke that action by not paying. Consider yourself VERY lucky most internal theft cases are sent to Police and yours could qualify as a felony. However it is unwise to name store and make admissions on public forums

Back