Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught stealing/Lost car

Edd1535

Jurisdiction
California
So basicly I took $200 from my employer for reasons that are not justified by any means, my employer caught me and then also stated another $100 went missing believed it was me. This employer also had helped me with a car I was paying off so he took the loan from the original guy that sold me the car so I had already paid $3900 as a result of the arrangement I had $800 left $200 more than the original deal with the original seller in order to lower my payments so I paid $200 with my employer so $600 was left on my car. My ex-employer told me no charges will be pressed but I must pay the "$300" I had taken within the week I was fired or pay the full $900 in 1 month, now into the present one month has past I have the $900 I call my ex-employer and he states that I had til the end of the month not one month and has told one of his employees to sell my car he told me to call and ask if she sold it already, she said she has sold it. So at this point I lost $3900 over $200 that I had taken but accused of $300 even though we had an agreement. So my question is if there's any legal action I can do to receive what I have paid or find a way to get my car and pay $900 and if I will be criminally charged for the $200.

It isn't your car anymore if it was sold, and apparently it never was "your" car as it likely was titled to your employer.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

You've made a poor choice that resulted in a big loss.

If there is a bright side it is that you didn't get a criminal record out of it.

Do you have any written contract/agreement regarding the arrangement with the car?

It isn't your car anymore if it was sold, and apparently it never was "your" car as it likely was titled to your employer.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

You've made a poor choice that resulted in a big loss.

If there is a bright side it is that you didn't get a criminal record out of it.

Do you have any written contract/agreement regarding the arrangement with the car?
no I do not but texts and verbal agreements

Sorry. Sometimes we learn lessons the hard way.
Apparently the car was never yours. Without some kind of contract detailing the arrangement and promising you the vehicle I'm not sure you have anything to work with.
If it has already been sold you have zero chance to get it back.

Perhaps if you view the money paid as a lease it will be easier to accept. You paid for the time you had the car. Find yourself s new car and be smarter about the purchase to protect your investment.

no I do not but texts and verbal agreements

And a criminal conviction and jail waiting for you if you make waves.

Accept the fact that you were renting the car and the rental is over.

Lick your wounds, be thankful you haven't been arrested (probably won't happen now if it hasn't happened already) and get on with your life.

I suggest not giving that employer as a reference.

Back