Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Caught shoplifting what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdulaga

I am 24 year old student living in NC. I got caught shoplifting at the mall the other day. I don't really know why I did it. I had money, in fact I had just gotten paid. I took two ties from one retailer and then went to another store and put a book and some shirts in my bag. As I walked out, the alarm rang and a store employee asked to check my bag and if I had a receipt. Of course I didn't and they took me to a back room. I got really nervous and was reluctant to answer any questions at first so they called the cops. When security and cops got there, I told them everything they wanted to know. They called the other store and told them about the ties. So now both stores have accused me of shoplifting and I have a court date coming up in a little over a month. The thing that scares me is my DUI from a couple years ago. How will this affect my court date? What should I do? Since both stores caught me am I getting convicted twice? I feel completely helpless and sometimes hopeless. I know it's an ongoing theme here, but I am sure that I will never take anything again. I feel ashamed and embarrassed, I would feel like dying if my mother ever found out. What's gonna happen to me? Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back