caught reckless speeding, 89/65. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmugmu

My jurisdiction is: Stafford, VA

I was pulled over, caught going 89/65 mph on I-95 in Stafford County in VA. On the court date sheet, this is law section 46.2-862... typed that in google, and it said "reckless." EEEK! Ohhhh man oh man. My friend told me if I went ONE mph over, I could've been sent straight to jail. For speeding??? Is that TRUE??

I am soooo stressed out... I'm 19 years old, I would have to work my butt off for a lawyer, let alone how am I going to pay the hefty fine? The last thing I want is for my license to get suspended or taken away. Oh and the cost of insurance.. I am worried about all these things. I wish the judge would make it non-reckless (is that even a word ? ) since my drivers record is clean... and just.. have mercy on me! It was 1 AM, on my way home from visiting my family, and I had the music on fairly loud to keep me from falling alseep on the road. I knew I was speeding, but not that fast. If I had known, I would have definitely slowed down. AHHHH. Any advice on how to get the minimal penalty?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back