Consumer Fraud cashed a $3835 check, now im afraid its a scam, can i get into trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

raquell

I received a letter and a check for $3835.. Saying deposit it then withdrawal 3035 and buy 6 netspend cards and I would be working as a trainee for customer evaluation, the bank said the check cleared so I withdrew the $3035 to go purchase the netspend cards, before I did I started questioning the agent on the phone just to get reassurance that it was legal and a real job, he then got upset and started yelling at me, now I'm afraid its a scam, I haven't done anything with the money and got off work to late tonight to go to the bank, am I going to get into trouble for this

When in doubt, handle as if it is a scam - it generally is.

I received a letter and a check for $3835.. Saying deposit it then withdrawal 3035 and buy 6 netspend cards and I would be working as a trainee for customer evaluation, the bank said the check cleared so I withdrew the $3035 to go purchase the netspend cards, before I did I started questioning the agent on the phone just to get reassurance that it was legal and a real job, he then got upset and started yelling at me, now I'm afraid its a scam, I haven't done anything with the money and got off work to late tonight to go to the bank, am I going to get into trouble for this

You won't get into trouble trouble, but you'll have financial trouble, unless you've got an extra four grand laying around. The check will bounce, it's a SCAM. Don't send the money, keep it to fix your deficit when the check goes boing boing. If you do that, you'll only be out $50, or whatever your banks overdraft fees are.

These scams are reported to the police every day. There are a significant number of desperate people willing to take a chance on anything.

On those rare occasions I begin to think how much my life sucks because my internet connection is slow, my freezer went on the fritz, or some such other minor annoyance creeps into my psyche; I stop and say, "Whoa, buddy, that ain't a problem, that's a first world annoyance."

Life is tough, very tough for all manner of people.

I take a deep breath, and say to myself, "At least you have house, a car, a freezer, food, health insurance,; and a myriad of other great stuff."

Yes, life can be very tough, and many times the person is truly a victim.

Plus, I've made my share of stupid mistakes, and learned the hard way, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back