Carsale contract fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

gideon721

Do I have to keep a car or turn it in to the finance company against my credit for a car I didn't sign a contract for?

I was buying a car via a third party salesman from a dealership and was qouted a $7500 rebate, my ex wife and daughter picked up the vehicle and 3 weeks later they were calling for me to sign. I went and picked up registration tags but never got paperwork (they said it was given with the car and the business office was closed) I later learned the rebate given was only $2500 and the interest rate for the loan was too high. The have a contract with a signature that is my name but not my signature (duh I never signed). When I asked the dealership they essentially said tough, I could either keep it & pay or return it to the finance company to pick up and let my credit suffer...

I don't understand - did you sign papers to finance the vehicle? I wouldn't sign anything that wasn't the deal I made and I'd make that clear to all parties. If there is a financing company that is involved, I'd do something quickly. If you want to void the deal I'd return the car and report them to the AAA for posterity. I'd also let them know that your credit wouldn't suffer because they breached your agreement and there is no deal. They didn't deliver as per the agreed upon terms and that rebate amount is huge. I need to know more to understand how all this nonsense could happen, including just handing over a car to your daughter with any signatures. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back