cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonron

A freind of mine's car was stolen about three weeks ago. Last week she received her cell phone bill and she noticed that some calls were placed after the theft. She brought the matter up with the police who told her that they where to busy to follow up on every lead. They told her not to worry about getting her car back because she was entitled to insurance reimbursement. This doesn't seem right, we think that her rights were violated but she doesn't know were to go from here.

I'm a little confused. If she will receive the insurance money, what is the problem with the car? They might be saying not to expect to see the car again and the compensation for replacement will put her back into the same position as she was in prior to the theft.

Regarding the mobile telephone, she should be able to file a complaint and obviously report this to the telephone company. Had she reported the theft earlier? This is critical.

I don't think you will be able to force the police to investigate based upon priority. They have limited resources and it is possible that all manpower is expended on, e.g., murder cases so that this will take a lesser priority. That is difficult to argue as irresponsible but they should at least take a report. In most instances you won't get anywhere unless you can show discrimination, e.g. the police won't conduct an investigation because of your race or religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back