Copyright Cara moore ,owner/artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmoore

I designed a mural for a large paint manufacturer. I was paid for the design, they had a digital file , for approval of my work. I had a bid for the painting of my piece , it is now being done by an airbrush artist , very poorly. The owner of the shopping center is paying the cheap painter to do an exact copy of my design. Is this legal? I discussed with them this fee was for design , not reproduction. Please help, I
Am very frustrated !

I designed a mural for a large paint manufacturer. I was paid for the design, they had a digital file , for approval of my work.

You were paid for the work.

Apparently they now own the work, and there appears no restriction on their ability to reproduce or replicate the work.

I had a bid for the painting of my piece , it is now being done by an airbrush artist , very poorly.

The owner of the shopping center is paying the cheap painter to do an exact copy of my design.

Is this legal? I discussed with them this fee was for design , not reproduction.

Please help, I Am very frustrated !

You were paid for the work.

What the owner of the work does with it, unless agreed to in a written contract seems perfectly appropriate.

Apparently the shopping center owner who commissioned you to produce the object, also owns the righst to the piece.

What odes your contract say about your patron's ability to reproduce or replicate the work?

Its silent, or missing?

Well, he owns the piece then, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back