Car wreck at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collins13

My jurisdiction is: new york

after pulling into work the other morning, the parking lot and both entrances were nothing but a sheet of ice, i slid down the first entrance, turning sideways where both of my driver side tires struck the curb at the bottom of the hill and were damaged. after asking HR at work to see if the owner(s) of the warehouse, that renting to my employer, were going to pay for the damages. i was told by HR later on that, from the owning company, in no uncertain terms that i alone was responsible. now, seeing as how both entrances and entire parking lot were not salted or maintained before my fellow co-workers and self arrive for work, i can safely say that this accident was not my fault and would like to know what kind of case i have and what are the first steps to filing a case for receiving compensation for my car repair bills against the owning company of the warehouse? i don't want to see anyone of my co-workers or myself become injured or seriously hurt because of this ongoing problem of "after the fact" maintenance! so far this season plows and salters have arrived after work has either begun, or an hour or so before the end of the work day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back