Car took for 30days

Tanaria

Jurisdiction
California
Me and my husband and children just had got a new car it was on our way driving back home to Los Angeles we got off the freeway for gas what you was a police officer driving in front of us at the stoplight we were behind them they happen to turn in the gas station bus the U-turn and get behind us and pull us over the officer stepped out the car approached my husband and said that he pulled us over because we hacked plates dinner plates and that he could not see our registration which was displayed on the car we pointed it out to him he didn't even take a chance to look at it he pretty much told us the cut off the engine put our phones on the dashboard and handcuffed my husband and put him in the backseat of the police car at this time I children are sleep he removed me from the car and when I get out the car I seen that you can see the registration but I guess that wasn't what he really was looking for it he was looking for something that wasn't even there then he asked me could I remove my child out the car I remove my child out the car and he told us that he was in town and our car for 30 days because my husband had to spend it license but the way that he went about things he has 5 police cars kept thinking that my husband was on probation or parole but she kept telling officer that he was so my husband has some marijuana on him but he just cited him out for that so I called the police station this morning and ask them why was my car towed they said because my husband was under the influence and was arrested he wasn't arrested he was just cited for driving without a license so I asked the lady on the phone what will report over for if she said she didn't know she just know that he was arrested for being under the influence which was a lie so I don't understand why my car be towed for 30 days I asked the officer could I have somebody cover remove my car for me and he told me know and Jerry Brown of Sacramento California said we have the option to be able to call somebody to remove our car so it would not get pounded for 30 days but the officer told us no so what do we do about this we have a hearing on Monday to try to fight the towing me and my husband and our children slept outside where they left us at the bus stop

Me and my husband and children just had got a new car it was on our way driving back home to Los Angeles we got off the freeway for gas what you was a police officer driving in front of us at the stoplight we were behind them they happen to turn in the gas station bus the U-turn and get behind us and pull us over the officer stepped out the car approached my husband and said that he pulled us over because we hacked plates dinner plates and that he could not see our registration which was displayed on the car we pointed it out to him he didn't even take a chance to look at it he pretty much told us the cut off the engine put our phones on the dashboard and handcuffed my husband and put him in the backseat of the police car at this time I children are sleep he removed me from the car and when I get out the car I seen that you can see the registration but I guess that wasn't what he really was looking for it he was looking for something that wasn't even there then he asked me could I remove my child out the car I remove my child out the car and he told us that he was in town and our car for 30 days because my husband had to spend it license but the way that he went about things he has 5 police cars kept thinking that my husband was on probation or parole but she kept telling officer that he was so my husband has some marijuana on him but he just cited him out for that so I called the police station this morning and ask them why was my car towed they said because my husband was under the influence and was arrested he wasn't arrested he was just cited for driving without a license so I asked the lady on the phone what will report over for if she said she didn't know she just know that he was arrested for being under the influence which was a lie so I don't understand why my car be towed for 30 days I asked the officer could I have somebody cover remove my car for me and he told me know and Jerry Brown of Sacramento California said we have the option to be able to call somebody to remove our car so it would not get pounded for 30 days but the officer told us no so what do we do about this we have a hearing on Monday to try to fight the towing me and my husband and our children slept outside where they left us at the bus stop

All of your problems could have been avoided by having the car properly registered, displaying the license plate in accordance with the laws of the state, and your husband shouldn't have been driving without his license in his possession.

He gets a hearing.
He should attend that hearing.
If he fails to be at that hearing, his problems will only get worse the next time he gets stopped.

Always obey ALL of their laws, and you avoid having the police stop you, which ends up with you or someone being taken to jail, going to court, towing your car, paying hefty fines, court costs, towing fees, storage charges for your car, and sleeping under an oak tree in Deadwood Forest, and being beaten by a pack of naughty, nasty, snarling, angry THUG-LIKE elves.

If he was driving with a suspended licence the tow and storage if that car is legitimate. None of the rest of it matters.

California Vehicle Code 14602.6

Last edited:
So you're mad the police did their job? He doesn't have a license and had drugs on him. That's what I got out of that horrible jumble of what I assume is English.

All of your problems could have been avoided by having the car properly registered, displaying the license plate in accordance with the laws of the state, and your husband shouldn't have been driving without his license in his possession.

He gets a hearing.
He should attend that hearing.
If he fails to be at that hearing, his problems will only get worse the next time he gets stopped.

Always obey ALL of their laws, and you avoid having the police stop you, which ends up with you or someone being taken to jail, going to court, towing your car, paying hefty fines, court costs, towing fees, storage charges for your car, and sleeping under an oak tree in Deadwood Forest, and being beaten by a pack of naughty, nasty, snarling, angry THUG-LIKE elves.
Everything was properly on the car I just purchased the car so it had paper plates and had the registration taped to the car that could be seen

Everything was properly on the car I just purchased the car so it had paper plates and had the registration taped to the car that could be seen
Also my husband didn't know his license were suspended never got it in the mail because we live in Los Angeles no longer in the Bay Area

So you're mad the police did their job? He doesn't have a license and had drugs on him. That's what I got out of that horrible jumble of what I assume is English.
Also weed is legal he did not get in trouble for any of the drugs just driving on suspended license

The police did not have no rights to pull us over based on the fact he was in front of us not behind us in front of us swerving and then pulled in our driveway just to turn around to get behind this and that's when he noticed we have paper plates at the registration was taped to the car he did not even want to look at he also lied on his report stating that it was not tags in the car which I have videos of that night and pictures that it was I just didn't hearing and show the police that it was in the car

Also my husband didn't know his license were suspended never got it in the mail because we live in Los Angeles no longer in the Bay Area

This does not matter. The DMV keeps records of whether a person requires notice of the suspension or not. If the letter was mailed and he did not change your address with DMV, that is his own fault and they will consider him served notice by the mailing.

This is irrelevant. A tag in the window can not be inspected from 3-4 car lengths back. A stop of a vehicle with no license plate is legitimate. Once the officer could inspect the paper tag he could have let you on your way, however by then he found other things to address.

The police did not have no rights to pull us over based on the fact he was in front of us not behind us in front of us swerving and then pulled in our driveway just to turn around to get behind this and that's when he noticed we have paper plates at the registration was taped to the car he did not even want to look at he also lied on his report stating that it was not tags in the car which I have videos of that night and pictures that it was I just didn't hearing and show the police that it was in the car

You don't need to plead your husband's case before us, mate, we're just a flock of nobodies.

Your husband will need to plead his case before the lone eagle, and ever so powerful, REAL JUDGE that's gonna be sitting high up on a bench of justice wearing a beautiful black cape.

The all powerful Judge will be the one your husband needs to convince that the cops were wrong.

Yeah, wish him luck from all of us nobodies, okay.

Also weed is legal he did not get in trouble for any of the drugs just driving on suspended license

Marijuana is legal under certain circumstances. There are a few factors that have to be considered in determining whether he was in legal possession at the time of the incident.
It is quite possible the officer chose to not deal with it since it is regarded as a petty issue these days.

This does not matter. The DMV keeps records of whether a person requires notice of the suspension or not. If the letter was mailed and he did not change your address with DMV, that is his own fault and they will consider him served notice by the mailing.
Will I really don't care at this point because I got my car back today so thanks anyways for the negativity I win my hearing because my registration was in the car and he said in his report that I did not have my registration so thank you so beautiful day I'm driving off in the sunset in my car

Marijuana is legal under certain circumstances. There are a few factors that have to be considered in determining whether he was in legal possession at the time of the incident.
It is quite possible the officer chose to not deal with it since it is regarded as a petty issue these days.
In California marijuana is legal and he had his medical card

The whole matter of the situation is the officer said that I did not have my registrate sticker in the window which I did I had to bring it to my hearing if I had it which I did and now I'm driving off in my car

You don't need to plead your husband's case before us, mate, we're just a flock of nobodies.

Your husband will need to plead his case before the lone eagle, and ever so powerful, REAL JUDGE that's gonna be sitting high up on a bench of justice wearing a beautiful black cape.

The all powerful Judge will be the one your husband needs to convince that the cops were wrong.

Yeah, wish him luck from all of us nobodies, okay.
We wasn't tripping off anything but our car and we got it now so we on are way back home to LA

Will I really don't care at this point because I got my car back today so thanks anyways for the negativity I win my hearing because my registration was in the car and he said in his report that I did not have my registration so thank you so beautiful day I'm driving off in the sunset in my car
Why are you still commenting on here then?

The cop doesn't have to be behind you to pull you over. Wow. Just wow. You got your car back so what's the big deal?

Back