car stolen, now being sued

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtodd

How Is this even legal? I'm a victim as well. I'm a single mom of three children, two of which are special needs. I live off of child support and alimony and I have no extra income. What can I expect?

Besides answering the questions above, could we have a few more details please. Such as - are you saying your car was stolen - are you being sued for car payments (or just what)? Thanks.

If a car is stolen you are still responsible for paying off the loan. If you have minimal or no insurance coverage then you could be left on the hook for payments even though the car is gone. Otherwise your insurance should pay it off for you.

My car was stolen by a family member and was involved in a hit and run accident seriously injuring a man. Now I am being sued by this person. They refused the settlement offer from my insurance company. How am I liable for this when my car was stolen and I was not involved?

You should have called the cops the moment you found your car missing. Anyways, now you should organize car's details such as VIN number, make, model, year, color and license plate numbers, document them for the police report. I wish I could have been more helping than this.

Hopefully the OP did report to the police the car as missing & also notify car ins. company.

You should have called the cops the moment that your car was stolen, also, you should have talk with your insurance company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back